Thursday, July 31, 2014

My Art: Past to Present

I was looking through my old art the other night because I've been feeling discouraged about my work. I found things I've done when I first started digital art floating around my Facebook pictures and just CRINGED at it. I thought I should share works from all those years ago and say shit about them.

Okay, so..The first one I found was...........



That tiny ass body and those big arms, THAT FUCKING JAW LINE THAT CAN CUT CEMENT, just..why? This was when I was more experienced with a mouse but can you even say more experienced? Also, that toothpick neck gets me. Also, all those missing pixels. Yikes.
THAT TINY ASS BODY and those boobs. Just, why did I think I looked like this? My hair never looked like that, my eyes are not green, and that THIN ASS NECK again. I don't even have that outfit. 15-year-old Melissa, what was going through your head? This is still done with a mouse, in Gimp 2, with the line tool after I found out how to use it....kinda.

This is soon after I got Paint Tool SAI and used the curve tool on that with all the different air brush settings. I was also obsessed with Vocaloids at the time, obviously. Just, the shading looks like shit and the hair looks like uncooked-spaghetti-noodle stiff. 
This I drew with a mouse in old school paint (which is still my favorite to draw on) and colored it in SAI and added that shadow through a pirated version of Photoshop I had at the time. This was also a contest entry I did for DoubleLeggy for this Halloween thing she had going on at the time. Did I win anything? NOPE. Not hard to say why really, isn't it?
An airbrush painting I did of Ol' Gregg from the Mighty Boosh in SAI. I did this about a month before I received my drawing tablet for my 16th birthday. I actually like his sea weed hair in this though...
DAT THIGH GAP. Another Boosh fan art but done with my tablet. I still like the little Howard crabs in the background.
Another contest entry for DoubleLeggy and this won 2nd place in the contest. Why? Because barely anyone entered....haaa.....My prize was also me and Barry dressed like Raven from Teen Titans which I still love.

LOOK AT THAT BARRY..mmmmMMMMMM
Something I cleverly titled 'Leon Pamyu Pamyu'...This was sorta soon after Kyary came out with 'Tsukema Tsukeru'....again..done is SAI using a mix of my own line art and the curve tool.
Download some new brushes for SAI and wanted to use them so I came up with this little number here. I HATE how the people look but I like the trees and the sky..probably the best backdrop I've done still to this day.
WESKER AND THE PUSSYCATS!!! This is one of my favorite fan arts I've EVER done. Its so goofy and also kinda stupid but I love it. I was watching Boomerang and a thing for Josie and the Pussycats was playing and I thought of this. Legs for days with this one.
A Self portrait I did with my new Resident Evil 6 Leon leather jacket. Still the best anime eyes I've done and I actually still rather like this one.
My first drawing in 2013 and of course its Ellis from Left 4 Dead 2 since I just got it and was OBSESSED. I was experimenting with a different lineart style in this...
My poem/lyric final I did for art class. I was diggin' the Ramones and did a drawing based on the song 'the KKK Took My Baby Away'. If you know the song, you would get this drawing. It won first place digital at my school's art show which was pretty damn cool. I still LOOOOVE this and it looks so much better printed out.
Drew Freaky Fred for my boyfriend at the time since he mentioned wanting a new desktop background. I REALLY LOVE how this one turned out, I was so proud of it. Still am. He used it as his Steam picture for a while and got a butt ton of compliments.
My 2nd Left 4 Dead 2 fanart. I think a lot of us have been there when we're the only one alive and there's a tank. I like this but I don't like this one hand that you see in a fist and all the fingers..and I don't like the red and yellow bit behind the door of the tank. I would change those if I still had the .SAI file of this with all the layers n shit.
Sexy Pyramid Head. Got into Silent Hill 2 and wanted to draw him. I want to change that damn bottle more than anything, its an eyesore for me.
Another self portrait but I REALLY love this one. I drew the pose in about 15 minutes and that is still my favorite outfit I have...I love me my MIDNIGHT RIDAHS shirt, my black skinnies, and my black spiked flats that actually do hurt somewhat.
TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK Chris. I don't like how I did his face but I like everything else.
A request I got from someone because..I took them from some of my most loyal DeviantART followers. The hand's a bit iffy and THOSE FUCKING TREES..uuuggggg. Everything else I'm okay with..sorta.
My redraw of Wesker and the Pussycats. Of course I had to have Barry have a massive bulge. One thing I don't like and that is its missing LEGS FOR DAYS. Those sassy hips are gone....

Now, for the works done this year.
A comic of when I got my tattoo done. This one first place digital in my school's art show which was AMAZING. I really like this and I like that I used my own art for the tattoo artist's sleeves.
Redrew one of leggy's old artworks for a DeviantART group. The shirt shading's the only thing I'm not a fan of.
DAT SOLAIRE ;) I got into Dark Souls and wanted to draw him. The pose was drawn rather quickly but I REALLY love this one. I just like the flow of it.
I drew my friend Georgia in a mash potato utopia because we're both massive fans of Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy. I like the shading n shit I did on this. You guys can't tell but there's a lot of detail in this one.


I wanted to do something basic and did this little diddy of Simon and Garfunkel which inspired


I'm a massive fan of the GameGrumps and NinjaSexParty so I did them in the same style. NSP liked theirs :D
So did Suzy :D
A little super hero thing I came up with one night. I still cannot believe I did this because i think its so well done. I love the cool color scheme and the flow of it.
Another self portrait...I don't like the arms but I like everything else. I like the shape of the body and everything...

So, that's everything I wanna show and this post is so damn long, I'm sorry but I just kept finding shit I wanted to talk about. Anyways, thank you so much for reading this and feel free to comment on any of the drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment