Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Resident Evil Remake HD port?

OH FUCK YES.
FUCK YES.
FUCK YAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

If you guys know what my favorite games are, you would know my top number one favorite is the Resident Evil remake that was released for GameCube in 2002. I have the Wii port since it was $18 on Amazon new and that included shipping and was like 'Damn, thats a good deal since I don't have any Gamecube things'.

This article stated this port will be made available for the following:

  • Playstation 3
  • Playstation 4
  • Xbox 360
  • Xbox One
  • PC
Considering I have a PS3 and a Steam, I need to get this. I mean, I think the game looks stunning and it has aged very well considering it is 12 years old.



Also, imagine crimson heads in HD.
My body's just like

I do have 2 things I want to say about this.

  1. I believe this will sell quite well considering how many people do not have access to a Nintendo console to play this one in the first place
  2. I'm sort of scared of what they'll do with making it HD. With Silent Hill, it ruined the atmosphere but messing with textures that are crucial to the atmosphere. The key example of that is the fog around the town is gone which is its most prominent thing that makes the town 'Silent Hill'. I think the game looks quite good as it is but making it HD will make it look 'normal' on next gen consoles/PC I suppose since people tend to use HDMI on consoles and 1080P+ resolutions on their monitors...one doesn't want that shit to look like the original from '96. Just, I hope they didn't brighten up the mansion and ruin the excellent lighting this has already. The lightning and dim wall sconces that were in the halls added so much.
Anyways, what are your comments about this? Are you excited are sort of fed up with Capcom on not wanting to put out a remake of the RE2? (I wouldn't want that tbh, they would mess with something that's already perfect). Feel free to share you ideas down below :)


EDIT ON 8/6
They released screenshots of the HD gameplay and I must say, it looks really good. Like, really, REALLY, good.



mmMMMM, that Barry Mother Fuckin' Burton.

No comments:

Post a Comment